Cardiff Job Search Tips
Job Searching is a hard effort, compared by many as a job itself.
This comparison is due to the fact that many candidates are unsuccessful in finding a good job in a timely and efficient manner.
The best way to be successful in your job of job searching is by:
1. Know your potential
- take a few minutes to write on a piece of paper your most decorated achievements. These will help your self-awareness before continuing to write a CV and Cover letter.
2. Set your aims appropriately
- if your achievements and skills point you towards a certain position, try setting up your search towards that position.
3. Be active
- the saying "good things come to those who wait" is the biggest mistake in job search. The more applications you make, the more likely you will get a job.
4. Be social media active
- there are many Facebook groups and pages where people advertise jobs. Always a good place to consider a new job.
5. Get professional help
- what you think will help you get a job may be different from what the employer wants from you. Getting advice from professionals always helps.
6. Be temporarily flexible
- some employers may need you to work on a 0 hours contract. When you are asked what type of work you are looking for, always mention "I`m flexible".
7. Cover letter
- explain in detail why your CV makes you the best candidate for that position.
8. Keep records
- maintain a record of all your jobs, duties, achievements, references so that you may use them in need.
9. Never give up
- jobs come and go every week. Never be disappointed if one week has passed and you have not yet found a job.
10. Create yourself a masterpiece of a CV and Cover Letter
HELP A FRIEND | SHARE THIS PAGE