Curriculum Vitae Templates and Samples
CV Help from Cardiff Jobs
Whilst there are many ideas and options to go when choosing a CV template, there are a few things one must consider:
- your Europass CV means nothing to UK recruitment standards, so please change it
- your date of birth, details of your nationality and a photo added to your CV will get it thrown to be garbage in a matter of seconds
- two pages are sufficient to captivate a recruiter`s attention, if you use three pages, you must really put something impressive on the third page
- on average, for each position advertised (as confirmed by an HR expert), there are around 400-500 applications. The recruiter will then allocate to himself two hours to sort out the best 10-15-20 for an interview. That literally means your curriculum vitae has 5-15 seconds to make a good impression, so the way it looks is vital
- present the most recent information first and keep it honest and factual
- focus on your achievements instead of your duties. Keep as much as possible achievements relevant to your target position
- your Curriculum Vitae is your #1 marketing tool, so sell yourself and be positive throughout
- try to sell your capacity to achieve objectives rather than explain your duties
- of course, spelling mistakes are a major put off so try to have it corrected by someone if you know you are struggling with this chapter.
FREE CV SAMPLE AND TEMPLATE
Need more help?
Visit the Cardiff Job Club at the 3rd floor in the Cardiff Central Library where you will receive free help and they will help you create a CV which you then can use for your next job applications. Good luck
HELP A FRIEND | SHARE THIS PAGE